Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Flame Broiler

Continuing on my health food bent, I come to something that may actually be considered somewhat healthy. I walked into my local Flame Broiler, which has the subtitle of “a healthy choice,” and ordered the chicken bowl topped with green onions. The food was served up quick and since I had been to this particular place before I knew that I should add some sauce before actually taking a bite.

If this were a job interview meal it would probably be the time when they looked at me very suspiciously for adding salt to the soup before I tasted it, but this time I made sure to check around to make sure that nobody was watching. I reached for the hot sauce and poured some on, then went for the brown sauce, which had taken on a new and interesting label.

After I bit into my grilled chicken and brown rice I realized that in this case, magic was simply another word for soy. With the proper added sauce the meal was quite tasty: the chicken was moist and had a nice charcoal flavor that lived up to Flame in the name. It was nothing extraordinary, but at around five hundred calories one really shouldn’t be expecting much more. While this does fall into the food category of things I could probably make at home, there is one thing that I don’t have at home: magic sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment